Fear is a great motivator



Hello everyone. 
I have always believed that fear is the biggest motivator. I do know that excess of everything is bad and excessive fear among students results in so many bad events. Every now and then we can hear students giving up their precious life just because of an examination. This is too bad and this happens because they are too intimidated to think about how they will embrace failure if their exams will not be up to their expectations.

These scenarios are on the other side of the spectrum but in general fear can be helpful to us to stretch us to cross that extra mile, to stay up a few more hours to complete the chapters we were prepared to leave, to pass our exams and every other difficulty in life with ease. When such fear encircles us, we usually tend to give up and think that “let’s see what happens, and anyways what’s going to happen will obviously happen”. But that’s not what we should do. We should never give up till the last minute and continue working hard. And we can always discuss with our family and friends about our fears because it is always comforting to share our feelings.

We always say that everything should be in a balance in our life. Then why not fear? We are made to think that it is bad to be afraid. It’s our human nature and we just have to understand how to convert it into a motivating factor. We should not let fear conquer us. We should use it to conquer our dreams. We must understand that failure is a part of success. And we should not compare ourselves with others because our lives, our ambitions, our goals everything is different. Always address your fears, do not ignore them and then just work on them.

Let’s say there is a subject in school which you find very hard. Usually what happens is that we tend to ignore that subject and it makes us more afraid to study it. Then when our exams come, we forcefully make ourselves study it and then we realize that our fears were just baseless and it became quite easy when we actually understood it. I don’t know about you but I have been in this situation a lot. Therefore, what we should do is to confront our fears and give our best to overcome it and also keep our minds open to all kinds of possibilities. We may not always achieve everything we want but that does not mean we never will. Right?

A few days back I passed my 2nd MBBS examinations. During those initial days when I started to study for my exams, I was not sure whether I will pass the exams because the syllabus was huge and time was very less. That fear in me pushed me to study hard and it helped me to pass my exams. It also brought anxiety and stress but at the end of the day when I can say that I passed the exams everything was worth it.

Thank you for reading. 




Image credits : Pinterest and graciousquotes.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience of attending a health camp

In sickness and health